This vaulted passage is the old entrance to the offices and workshops of the Opera del Duomo of Florence. From the late 14th through the 16th century the spaces that today host the museum were used for various phases of planning and preparing the work required by the Cathedral. Here Filippo Brunelleschi had his headquarters, and here Michelangelo carved the David, originally intended for the Cathedral exterior. From the 17th to the 19th century these spaces served the Opera as warehouses , and, from 1891 to the present, as museum.
The ticket allows the holder to visit all the monuments within 72 hours of visiting the first one. Each monument may be visited only once with the ticket.
Reservations mandatory for the climb on the Dome. The service is free.